One-pan chicken dish with sun-dried tomatoes, lemon, parmesan and spinach. Serve it over spaghetti squash for the perfect weeknight meal.
- 2 chicken breasts pounded out
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5-6 cups raw spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 for making spaghetti squash, scoop out seeds. Roast skin side up for 40 to 50 min.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of EVOO in large pan over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper chicken on both sides, and cook through. Once chicken is done, remove from pan and set aside on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same pan used to cook chicken, add chopped yellow onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and spinach, salt and pepper. Stir for 1-2 minutes until spinach begins to wilt.
- Stir in milk and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper
- Once mixture starts to thicken, add in juice from lemon, chopped sun dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese; stir.
- Place cooked chicken back into pan while the sauce finishes. Spoon sauce over chicken to absorb all the flavors.
- To serve, place spaghetti squash on the plate and top with chicken. Spoon pan sauce over the top of the chicken and garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese
edited from The Southern Source